The Society for German-American Studies is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 1976 to promote the scholarly study of the German element in the context of culture and society in the Americas; to produce, present, and publish research findings and educational materials; and to assist researchers, teachers, and students in pursuing their interests in German-American Studies.
The SGAS is governed by an Executive Committee, which is elected by the SGAS membership.
Executive Committee Officers
Cora Lee Kluge, University of Wisconsin–Madison, email@example.com
Mark Louden, University of Wisconsin–Madison, firstname.lastname@example.org
Achim Kopp, Mercer University, email@example.com
Karen Roesch, The University of Texas at Austin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Coordinator North America
Antje Petty, University of Wisconsin–Madison, email@example.com
Membership Coordinator Europe
Katja Hartmann, Friedrich-Naumann-Stiftung für die Freiheit, firstname.lastname@example.org
Officers in Charge of Publications
- Joshua Brown, Newsletter Editor, University of Wisconsin–Eau Claire, email@example.com
- William D. Keel, Yearbook Editor, University of Kansas, Lawrence, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antje Petty, Webmaster, University of Wisconsin–Madison, email@example.com
The Nominating Committee seeks candidates for the annual Outstanding Achievement Award and for the biennial officer election.
- Randall P. Donaldsen (2020–2023), Loyola University Maryland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- William E. Petig, Chair (2019-2022), Stanford University, email@example.com
- J.Gregory Redding (2019-2022), Wabash College, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karl J.R. Arndt Publication Fund
The committee evaluates applications for financial support to publish scholarly research on the German element in the context of the culture and society of the Americas.
- William D. Keel, (ex-officio) chair, University of Kansas, Lawrence, email@example.com
- William E. Petig (2020-2023), Standford University, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marc Pierce (2019-2022), The University of Texas at Austin, email@example.com
Albert Bernhardt Faust Research Fund
The committee evaluates applications for financial support to conduct research in the field of German-American Studies as defined by the Society.
- Glenn Ehrstine (2020-2023), chair, University of Iowa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timothy Anderson (2019-2022), Ohio University, email@example.com
- Karen Roesch (2020-2023), Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the German Historical Institute
- Sandra Rebok (2019-2022), The Huntington Library, Sandra.Rebok@csis.es
- Cora Lee Kluge, University of Wisconsin–Madison, email@example.com